Sun, 21 March 2021
03.12.21: Gearhead News! Ford Exploits Joe Basement's Leadership Gap, Exploding Jeep Wranglers in Tow & Crashing Rich Guys in NY, Don't Let Your Wife Park the Tank, USA on Mars & Repo in Space, + Breweries VS Bureaucracy (& Tiny Tyrants)
It's gearhead news from the Garage Hour: stuff goin' on that you ought to know.
- Ford ships a $900,000,000 plant to Mexico after promising its workers it would be in Ohio.
- How leaving your $60,000 Wrangler in low-four while towing is a 52,000rpm mistake.
- A rich Chinese guy gets out of a crash-tantrum in New York City by waving the elitist-pity sign.
- A funny tale of how to cause billions in damage with tanks.
- New rovers on Mars (awesome) and old tricks in space (repo man's coming for your satellite!).
- A VERY upsetting tale of a small brewery in Kalifornistan beset by tiny tyrants and wrongheaded bureaucrats .
There's more exploding, too - thermometers, projects, and political attacks on your hobbies. Fortunately, there's also Trinity Brewing's Dark Cherry Radler, Josh Homme and QOTSA, KYUSS and Vultures, plus "Season in the Abyss" and another terrible move/great soundtrack (Orbital/Kirk Hammet).